
It has been a busy few weeks here at our little apartment and I so have to catch up on life but I thought a catch up with the blog would be good for now.
Gray and I loved watching the Olympics last month. Gray loves snowboarding and was super pumped about Canada's first gold medal on home soil in that sport and I liked watching anything Canadian. For two weeks our TV was on non stop and we found ourselves humming our national anthem and wishing for food like poutine and beavertails. We were uber proud of Canada's 14 gold medals...the most any country has ever won in the Winter Olympics...and we were mostly happy that the USA did well too. Of course most of you know that we are hard core hockey fans so we experienced some moments of panic and agitation but in the end we couldn't have been more happier with the results...
In the midst of cheering loud and proud for my Canadian home during the Olympics, my dear mother decided that it was FINALLY time to come and visit. I feel so blessed that she did. I love my 'mommy loves' time and this trip was a much needed visit full of strokes and positive energy (a.k.a pats on the back and lots of compliments). My mother has a natural way to make anyone around her happy and giggly. For example I tried to complain about my crazy work schedule and she told me I was lucky to have a job and when I wanted to whine about Grayson and the messes he makes my mom told me I should be glad to have such a loving husband (and I am!) She is just super bubbly and excited about everything and I had a great time with her!
We went make-up shopping:
and to the beautiful Portland Temple:and went to see a super funny and cute musical:
We also celebrated Grayson's 30th birthday on February 19. My mom made a delicious home made cake:
We both loved having my mom come and are looking forward to her next trip back very soon...hopefully before the next Olympics!! I love you Mom!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a good visit w/ your Mom, it was nice to meet her as well. And I'm happy for your Canadian wins too. Ava is now the proud owner of those gloves you pictured. Our neighbor was up there for alot of the Games and was able to track down some gloves, he thought Ava deserved a pair for some reason. Pretty cool.
Post a Comment