Tuesday, February 1, 2011


In honor of the snow that is falling everywhere across the nation but here I have hung some little flakes to remind myself that it is still winter. I mean right now with the sun shining and a brisk breeze sweeping through, it feels like a day in May back home in Canada. It almost feels wrong to be enjoying such nice weather while the majority of North America is frozen and white!

I kinda wish it would blizzard here too.

I always miss the cool extreme weather! I can think of many times when I have been absent during super cool weather. Some examples: Visiting grandma-Tornado in my home town of Edmonton...the only one ever to hit that city and I was watching soaps with my granny and playing with dirt. Moved back to Canada from Utah- SLC hit by a tornado that tore the roof off the Delta Center where the Jazz play basketball... I was tucked in a corner napping oblivious to the twister down south. Flood of the Century #2- I was away at college in Rexburg, ID where the most extreme weather is snow and lots of it... I missed the main road being flooded and the train tracks washing away. I bet some folks even pulled out their dingy's and went for a ride. All that extreme fun and chaos and I missed it!

Life's too short to let major events like that pass on by. I guess I should count my blessings. I haven't taken out my winter jacket in two years except for when I went home to Canada... I wear the same pair of shoes year round... Each day will either be sunny or cloudy with no huge changes in the atmosphere... And it either rains or shines which eliminates the need for a wide variety of accessories like scarves, toques, mittens, hats, snow pants, layers and an emergency kit in my car.

Some people call that kind of weather almost perfect...

I call it BORING!

Bring on the storm!

4 comments:

girluntitled said...

you're alone on this one diana...i'm loving the hawaiian heat wave i live in and never wanna come back to reality. NEVER!! ben will have to pry my fingers one by one from the door because i'm not leaving!!

Natalie said...

sorry you're missing this freezimg spell. i don't mind as long as i can keep warm!

Mamasmart said...

i think i'm with you on this one. i LOVE surprises!

Jill and Travis said...

There is supposed to be snow in winter. That's all there is to it. I can't wait to live where it does snow and I can send my kids out to play in it. And I can't believe all the near-crazy-weather experiences you have had. I don't think I have had any!