Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed Inn

Welcome to our humble home. We hope you enjoy your stay....because you are gonna be here a while!
I stand corrected. Just when I was laughing and giggling at these crazy Oregonians for all the panic over a little snow we were hit with a doozy! It has snowed for the past three days and we are up to our ears in the fluffy stuff. Yesterday was a day I know well since it occurs often where I come from. But here it is unheard of. It was windy and freezing. The roads were horrible and the snow drifts were as high as our car. We had to bundle up in all our snow gear just to get the mail. While this weather reminds me of home and I think this is exactly how Christmas should look I've got to hand it to the storm. Very impressive. The only downfall (besides the snow) is that our flights were cancelled and we will not be home now until Christmas Eve! I am so sad because I was really looking forward to getting out of here but I guess I jinxed it with all my teasings.

The drifts were up to my thighs and that was just at the front door.
Before the big snow rolled in, Grayson and I decided to venture out into the night and make a snowman. It was so fun! I don't think I have done that in ten years. Grayson had the bright idea to make our little snow gal a hockey fan which was fine by me....as long as she was a fan of the right team!
GO OILERS!

3 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Aww Portland looks a lot like Rexburg! Hope you make it home safe and sound! Your snowman is funny!

Joy Schmidt said...

The snowman is so cute!!

Jess said...

Hey! merry Christmas! Hope you are having fun up north! I can't believe all the snow in Portland! Yuck! I would die. I think it's freezing here, and it's never EVER below zero (32)! Ha! Kins should be there today!!!! Talk to you soon!