Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The freak out that wasn't

During this crazy sick summer of visiting and vacationing, I had a birthday too. And for some reason I was totally fine with that. Usually I have a minor freak out about getting older and still not accomplishing my life's mission (which is yet to be determined) but this year I just accepted it. One year older...whatever.

Maybe it was because I was so excited to announce that I was pregnant. I did that on my birthday which kinda overshadowed the whole 29 year celebration (Yuck now that I think about it, 29 is a horrid number)
Or maybe I was so happy to go out to a fancy restaurant for dinner (since food was/is all I think about) and keep the meal down.

Either way I am now older and for my freak out this year I decided to chill and write down 29 things I want to happen in the next year.

1. Have a healthy, 10 finger/10 toes baby. Every now and then they mention the air quality of Portland on the news. With the radiation from Japan and the multiple fires close by I try to breath only when I have to.  Who knows what I could be sniffing...

2. Move home...not like mom and dad home but home to Southern Alberta where most of my friends and family are

3. Finish scrapbooks of Hawaii, our cruise and our honeymoon so I can focus on one for the baby bean

4. Catch a fish...I never ever have caught a real fish all on my own!

5.Watch Grayson graduate...so close yet so far

6. Learn to sew... confidently

7. Cry happy tears...I think my tears ducts are on vacation. Since being with child I have only cried once when my dearest friend Jill moved back to Idaho. Other than that, I am experiencing a drought.

8. Love more deeply...my hubs, my fam, my friends

9. Read less (gasp...did I just write that? Lately I read a book every three or four days while my laundry sits and the dishes pile up) I need to be more productive with my time

10. Be more productive with my time

11. Embrace cooking and the kitchen...we are friends but I thinks it's time to take that relationship to the next level

12. Journal more (blogging counts, right?)

13. Get a dream. People are always taking about fulfilling their dreams and la de da so I thought about that the other day and realized I have none. I mean I want to write a book and have a happy and eternal family and I would love to travel more but maybe I should dream about something more... whimsical.  Something like building a school for children in some far off forsaken place or kissing my hubs in the rain while watching the sunset in Rome. I will give this more thought...

14. Sing in the choir

15. Work on my self control (that is a never ending task)

16. Smile at strangers

17. Share the gospel with someone

18. Think less about myself and my loneliness and boredom

19. Judge less and forgive more

20. Instead of pinning for a best friend around here to play with and talk to everyday, become best friends with my hubby. I always feel like I need some female interaction in my life and I do but I don't think I give Grayson enough credit for being there for me ALL THE TIME (minus the barf fest)

21. Appreciate my husband more

22. Embrace house cleaning...ugh

23. Become a baby whisperer...mostly with my own child

24. Trust in the Lord more often

25. Gossip less (most of my gossip includes celebrities but I still need to work on it)

26. Start a real food storage and finish my 72 hour kits (it is kinda getting scary out there)

27. Have a tea party (hint hint Sara)

28. Procrastinate no longer...get my US citizenship so I can country hop whenever I want lol

29. Celebrate (really celebrate) 30 years old!

Whew! What a list. I am serious though. All these things and more will help me become the person I want to be and maybe get me closer to reaching my dreams (I think of some) and fulfilling my mission (it will come to me)

And to all my faithful followers thank you for a great year. I look forward to another (less sick and lazy) more productive year to come!!




6 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Wow, I need to take a page from your book... A lot of those are things I should be thinking about too! Stay focused and you'll be great!

Mamasmart said...

absolutely inspiring post! nicely done...now for the follow through....i'm looking forward to your 30th year, as well.

Maren B said...

I love that you "need to get a dream." I think that, too, like, "what have I always wanted that I don't have and should be striving for? a horse?" I think if all you can think to dream of for your future is general happiness and progress, that's good enough.

Jess said...

Hi!!!! So I'd ask how your feeling, but I gather you are sick? Poor Girl! Is it getting better? I need to call you! How is Portland?

Mrs. Bennett said...

Love the post, Diana. Thanks for being inspiring and a great person!

Katie K said...

This is wonderful! WAY TO GO DIANA. I will be rooting for you.