Are you getting bored with my mad focus on everything baby? I hope some of you don't feel alienated because you don't have kids. I promise...
I AM NOT IGNORING YOU!
Please comment and let me know what you think even in you don't have any children. I personally thought I was kind of a non-experienced expert and told people what I thought about everything so feel free to include yourself in any of these posts!!
I just have a bazillion questions and I love that all of you are so helpful and giving with your
Baby 101 info.
I am learning so much!
(Thanks!)
For example I have finally felt the baby move and surprisingly it does feel like some motion in my intestines (gassy) but it mostly feels like there is a brick in the pit of my stomach that's just in the way. When baby moves it feels like my stomach is rolling over. It doesn't make me sick or anything but it is a weird feeling and it is getting more and more frequent.
And it hit me just the other day (to my dismay) that the reason I am not totally showing is because of my already existing gut. Long story short, it started to grow during college and has kinda just stuck around. Some of my pants still fit because...
my gut still fits in them.
So I was just in denial.
Normally I look like a slightly pregnant woman...hahhaaa
Now onto other news. A week ago we found out the sex of our baby:
BOY
I was so weirded out by that info when I first heard it. The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know and since I was bursting with excitement and pretty sure of myself, I about swallowed my tongue when she showed us the 'equipment'
She even used the technical terms (which I have never used frequently and am a little uncomfortable using now)
As I blushed deeply and told Gray 'Congrats Dad' I just felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.
Give me a chance to explain.
You see, I didn't even think it was genetically possible for me to have a boy first. I am the oldest of 5 kids, four of which are girls. On both my mom and dad's side, the first child has ALWAYS been a girl. My dad's parents have two (2) grandsons and seven (7) granddaughters...
My mom's parents have 7 grandsons and 12 granddaughters.
Boys are just highly unusual in my family so I was 100% convinced I was having a girl.
It didn't even cross my mind that I wouldn't have a girl first.
So I was in shock.
My mind had been full of DIY bows and headbands and ruffle butt skirts and pink and curls. To suddenly have to change those thoughts to frogs and robots and dinosaurs and camo and blue
was a bit overwhelming.
Not to mention the whole mechanics of a boy ( I have a deep fear of getting pee in my mouth...ahhhh)
So I had my cry and cuddled with Gray (who was very understanding although he was secretly rolling his eyes at me). I put on my big girl panties and starting thinking of little boy undies.
It may sound silly to you but I just was super unprepared for a boy...
mostly because the male population is slightly lacking in my family.
Good news though. It has been a week and I have come to terms with this little son (whoa that is the first time I have said that) growing inside me.
While it is true that I am unprepared for most baby things and boy parts, I am grateful to have a healthy little man doubling in size each week. It is a blessing to be pregnant and I am just gonna tuck my bows and curls back into my heart for the next child (dear me I can't have TWO boys)
And according to most of you
BOYS love their moms and are less dramatic. And there are a few cute clothes out there...although I have yet to find and purchase any.
In the end I am just happy with having a baby. It is going to be an adventure and a life changing event and no matter what I am kinda looking forward to it.
Now onto my weekly question. I am kinda lazy...ah I finally said it. I sleep in and eat junk most days. I try to fit in some exercise and fruits and veggies but I just don't love all that.
So enlighten me.
What kind of exercise did you do daily?
AND
What kind of food and snacks did you eat?
I am eagerly awaiting your motivational answers!!
(RIP Steve Jobs)
Please comment and let me know what you think even in you don't have any children. I personally thought I was kind of a non-experienced expert and told people what I thought about everything so feel free to include yourself in any of these posts!!
I just have a bazillion questions and I love that all of you are so helpful and giving with your
Baby 101 info.
I am learning so much!
(Thanks!)
For example I have finally felt the baby move and surprisingly it does feel like some motion in my intestines (gassy) but it mostly feels like there is a brick in the pit of my stomach that's just in the way. When baby moves it feels like my stomach is rolling over. It doesn't make me sick or anything but it is a weird feeling and it is getting more and more frequent.
And it hit me just the other day (to my dismay) that the reason I am not totally showing is because of my already existing gut. Long story short, it started to grow during college and has kinda just stuck around. Some of my pants still fit because...
my gut still fits in them.
So I was just in denial.
Normally I look like a slightly pregnant woman...hahhaaa
Now onto other news. A week ago we found out the sex of our baby:
BOY
I was so weirded out by that info when I first heard it. The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know and since I was bursting with excitement and pretty sure of myself, I about swallowed my tongue when she showed us the 'equipment'
She even used the technical terms (which I have never used frequently and am a little uncomfortable using now)
As I blushed deeply and told Gray 'Congrats Dad' I just felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.
Give me a chance to explain.
You see, I didn't even think it was genetically possible for me to have a boy first. I am the oldest of 5 kids, four of which are girls. On both my mom and dad's side, the first child has ALWAYS been a girl. My dad's parents have two (2) grandsons and seven (7) granddaughters...
My mom's parents have 7 grandsons and 12 granddaughters.
Boys are just highly unusual in my family so I was 100% convinced I was having a girl.
It didn't even cross my mind that I wouldn't have a girl first.
So I was in shock.
My mind had been full of DIY bows and headbands and ruffle butt skirts and pink and curls. To suddenly have to change those thoughts to frogs and robots and dinosaurs and camo and blue
was a bit overwhelming.
Not to mention the whole mechanics of a boy ( I have a deep fear of getting pee in my mouth...ahhhh)
So I had my cry and cuddled with Gray (who was very understanding although he was secretly rolling his eyes at me). I put on my big girl panties and starting thinking of little boy undies.
It may sound silly to you but I just was super unprepared for a boy...
mostly because the male population is slightly lacking in my family.
Good news though. It has been a week and I have come to terms with this little son (whoa that is the first time I have said that) growing inside me.
While it is true that I am unprepared for most baby things and boy parts, I am grateful to have a healthy little man doubling in size each week. It is a blessing to be pregnant and I am just gonna tuck my bows and curls back into my heart for the next child (dear me I can't have TWO boys)
And according to most of you
BOYS love their moms and are less dramatic. And there are a few cute clothes out there...although I have yet to find and purchase any.
In the end I am just happy with having a baby. It is going to be an adventure and a life changing event and no matter what I am kinda looking forward to it.
Now onto my weekly question. I am kinda lazy...ah I finally said it. I sleep in and eat junk most days. I try to fit in some exercise and fruits and veggies but I just don't love all that.
So enlighten me.
What kind of exercise did you do daily?
AND
What kind of food and snacks did you eat?
I am eagerly awaiting your motivational answers!!
14 comments:
wanna know what i do right before i go to bed?
-200 crunches
-100 leg thingys
-another 100 leg thingys on each leg
-100 squats
-and 100 jumping jacks.
it's easy and i don't hafta over exert myself. my kind of exercise! ha ha
Try swimming...
I didn't do exercise (hence my weight gain on my first) but Because we didn't have a kitchen table at the time,I sat on the floor at the coffee table to eat. I figured that as long as I could get up and down from that I was still doing good!
My craving was Lucky Charms cereal. I ate it everyday from 18weeks on!
I don't know if you want to follow my footsteps though :)
go for a walk....
and i always wanted doritos when i was pregnant with you-that may explain a few things about you: sorry
I'm with your mom. Walking worked for me.
If you're not already into a fitness schedule when you get pregnant, I agree that walking is awesome--not even deliberately "taking a walk" every day but just making yourself walk to places that you would normally drive, or parking farther away from the store, or whatever. I also like to do squats/canned-tomato-lifting every once in a while so I don't get to feeling too pathetic, and stretching most mornings cause my hip muscles get all weird and out of whack.
As far as food goes, just remember that whatever propensity for getting fat you had BEFORE pregnancy, it'll probably be quite a bit worse DURING pregnancy. A pregnant body just wants to get fat. Don't believe the "you're eating for two so you can eat whatever you want" mentality-- you will regret it when you're trying to work it off after the baby is born and you are up all night and dead tired every day blubbing around like a fat slob. Not that I know from experience or anything :).
i don't like to excercise either. I actually quit excercising on purpose and just relished the fact that I was allowed to get fat. And food wise, I ate everything. and then some.
I had a complication during my pregnancy, so I was limited to walking and swimming. They were both great! I found a fellow un-employed preggo and went on long gossip sessions...I mean walks almost every morning (after which I came home and took a 2 hour nap). Oddly, I ate a lot of hard boiled eggs. I don't always eat as I should, so instead of going all nutrition crazy, I went for the less drastic and just tried to work in one extra (or only) veggie, fruit, or salad-ish thing to each meal. Have fun!
OOh, prenatal yoga is my best friend! I walk a lot too. Eating? A bagel a day is my motto.
fyi, sex of the baby has nothing to do with mom...it's all from the dad
I know the sex of the baby comes from the DAD. Grayson is surrounded by women so I figured it would continue that way.
With my first I liked the gym for muscle toning but walking and swimming are great. I like indian food and pasta....but I still have my bowl of ice-cream a day. So fun to have baby boys at the same time.
Congratulations on your BOY! I have a 4 month old boy and it is amazing.
Try not to stress about things, but for peace of mind and body, go for a 45 minute walk (or more!) every day.
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
Post a Comment