Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Baby K is all grown up....




Yes it is true. My youngest little sister Katie graduated this weekend. She is pretty much the coolest kid I know. She was the class president and editor of the yearbook. I can't help but call her a super hero for doing those things and still living life. She is definitely going places.

Props to her. She got one of the three awards handed out at grad. It is called the "out of the box" award for the student who demonstrated innovation, leadership, service and the ability to think outside the box. That just tickles me pink cause she is all those things and more.

She is all grown up now. When she was little we were the best of buds. She was my Baby K and I was her Big D. The first year I went away to college she was the only one majorly excited to see me when I came home. Now I get majorly excited to see her.

Plus I feel old. I graduated 9 years ago!

KATIE--You are the best and sweetest girl and I am so proud of you! Loves!!
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

girluntitled said...

i don't like it one bit. she will always be 16 to me!!

Diana said...

Ha ha. At least she is a teenager to you. I still have dreams of little 3 year old Katie.

Jess said...

Holy snikees. That is not possible. Everyone else must be aging and not me. Although, I must admit, I feel a twinge of granniness when I look in the mirror naked and see that my bellybutton now hangs to the left. I asked Griff if he would by me plastic surgry and he said no. What a fart.